Self-Worth: An Inside Job

You can't put your self-worth on to someone else. It is not anyone's responsibility but yours. It is an inside job. You cannot depend on someone to make you feel good about yourself. You just can't. That's not fair.

I've wasted too many years on self-loathing. So let me get on this soap box for a sec. I think there's an added pressure as a woman to live up to standards that are unrealistic. I have been anorexic. I have been bulimic. There have been some really dark times in my life that were self-inflicted. All for what? Shit, I have no idea. I was just miserable the entire time. A cycle of ridiculous shit that seemed to be an infinite trend that I had no interest in breaking away from. Stupid girl. ...I say that with love and patience.

The light at the end of that tunnel came, eventually. I started to love myself. I started to see the sham that were many of the relationships I had. I started to see right through people. I started to tell myself the truth instead of yearn for it. A transformation. Shall we say, an enlightenment?

I figured, if I was going to be inside of this body, I might as well love it instead of hate it. Work with it and not against it. Now I see insecurities that just scream "help me!" And I hope for those who still need it, find their self-worth.

When you're done kidding yourself, it becomes easier.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Eczema: What Has Changed the Trajectory of our Lives

I Quit My Job

Origins