Luke Perry

I am devastated.

You know, there are elements of our lives that become influential factors in how we go about our every day. Escapism, in whatever form it looks like, allows for the soul to simply rest and become one with things that distract us from the pains of life.

There were many things I didn't understand growing up. Many things I saw, things that would shape the way I saw relationships. But then there was music, there were books, there were movies, there were television shows. And it seemed alright for my spirit to imagine what the potential of a different reality could look like. And that's not to say that my life hasn't been good. I love my life. And every experience I have had has shaped me into the woman I am today. And for that, I am grateful.

The way we are shaped as people are a direct result of what influences us the most. I was running errands today when I heard the news of Luke Perry's passing. It is something about his gentleness and loving soul that took ahold of my heart and just made me weep. He is our Dylan. The show that would be a part of my own personal escapism. I loved him. I always rooted for him. I forgave him. I praised him. He was our symbol for what called for unconditional love. He was our reminder that humanity is flawed, but still loveable. He was the hope we had to find peace.

He was so soft, so kind, so gentle, so masculine, so beautiful. Rest in peace and love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Eczema: What Has Changed the Trajectory of our Lives

I Quit My Job

Origins