Art and its Essence of Soul

It was his art that caught my eye.

He started following me from his art page while I was on holiday in Puerto Rico. I would see his artwork pop up on my newsfeed from time to time, and would be so intrigued with his work and equally as curious about the man behind the art. He then began following me from his personal account, and I followed him from mine.

We began messaging small things back and forth to each other. Those small things would become sentences. Those sentences would become full on conversations.

He had just taken on the world of denim art, and I had to have his first piece. It was so poetic, personally symbolically meaningful, retro, and totally my style, and I knew I would pay whatever price he asked for. I don't think he believed me at first when I told him I wanted to buy it. I think he thought I was joking. But after he realized I was serious, he promised I would have his first and only one of its kind.

Eventually, we would talk for hours about the various projects we were both a part of, both interested in learning about each other's talents, our side hustles, outside of our regular jobs that not many people know about. Then it became conversations about life, goals, dreams. He was so lovely.

We then would talk every day, exchange so many laughs, and FaceTime. It was an undeniable connection that compelled us to physically be in the same space with each other. So we made it happen.

This story was cut short. But I believe now that it served its purpose in this lifetime, picking up where we left off in the last one. Connected by the hands of fate and destiny and now with our energies combined that is our beautiful baby girl. I'm sure we both take away lessons from our experiences with one another, which I believe to be the point of every interaction we have with anyone. It is with hope that growth and liberation comes from those experiences.

Reflection has me thinking about life, the bigger picture, and what happened for me to get to this moment. What is life other than constant experiences that end up shaping how we react to them.

It's true that it's hard to be more than we've seen. But there is something about the unknown that I embrace with hope that what has come and gone is necessary in order for us to reach our highest potential; our life purpose. And it is only with acceptance, that we are able to humbly leave behind all of those who choose to leave.

Life is such poetry.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Eczema: What Has Changed the Trajectory of our Lives

I Quit My Job

Origins