Seeing The Sacred Side of a Man

One of the most precious things to experience and be witness to as a woman, is seeing a man's joy about his children. I have been so grateful to be witness to the innocence and purity of the love he has for our baby girl. And so thankful that he has allowed himself to feel and truly experience his emotions for her. It is undeniable that there is a spiritual connection I have with him because I feel his joy. Since the beginning, I have felt a profound bond with him that I am now convinced was meant to be experienced in this lifetime, together, even if we are apart. There is something in the way that he has expressed himself and demonstrated his love for our baby girl that showed me that he is allowing himself to feel; perhaps for the first time.

I have not seen that from my own father. He has always been quiet, to himself, unexpressive.

I knew the last thing I wanted was for him to not be able to express himself, emotionally. For me, too! I am with baby girl every single day, so it is my every day to express myself emotionally to her. I talk to her every day, sing to her, gush over her. I call her my beautiful baby and I tell her I love her so much, embracing my baby belly. She is my everything.

I see his passion. I feel it. The little things he has done, that are truly big things; he asks for her all the time. He says, "How is my baby Juliana?" "How is my Lara?" We joke with each other about her. Smiles and laughs, together. He sends her music for me to play for her that means so much to him. He buys her things that he loves and wants to share that love with her.

Him: "You have no idea how amazing this feels..."
Me: "I do. I am so happy."

To see that love is priceless. Giving her that chance, believing in her, is everything.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Eczema: What Has Changed the Trajectory of our Lives

I Quit My Job

Origins