Relationship Report Card

Are our "failed" relationships due to a series of lessons we are supposed to experience in our lifetime? Are those "failed" connections due to a lack in foundation? Is the point of letting go of things that no longer serve our highest good aim to assist us in reaching the truth about self? Should I look at it that way? Coming from a broken system, not knowing about healthy relationships could possibly be this diagnosis. If I do something, it's with my whole being, my whole soul, but with a point of reference that was not exactly healthy. I tolerated way more than I probably should have. I think as we live our life and continue to re-evaluate our choices, we come to new conclusions and understand ourselves better after having those experiences, whether positive or negative in nature. But that is only if we choose to repair or revise a behavior we feel needs to be changed. Some people do not choose to change anything because they do not see issue with their behavior. ...And that's where I exit stage left.

If someone is unwilling to revise a clearly unhealthy behavior, I have zero interest in trying to "make it work" at this point in my life.  One of my favorite artists once said: "Staying does not mean you are loyal. It means that you are being abused. When you find strength to walk, it does not mean you have submitted or abandoned, it simply means that you have made a choice to stop bearing any abuse."

This kind of feedback on our relationship report card of our so-called "failures" will only make us progress in ways that we didn't know were possible. Can you look at your report card in a positive way and not see yourself as a "failure?" Ultimately, you're shedding what no longer serves your highest good. For real. Do you want to know why you came to this life in the first place? Do you have the courage to find out? Heal first and then you will see what I mean.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Eczema: What Has Changed the Trajectory of our Lives

I Quit My Job

Origins